Wouldn't you know it?! Short ONE piece!!!

May 19, 2008
gulf coast of Texas
Finally got the ground all leveled out...patio stones all buried...track laid out. We knew we were missing a base plate yesterday, but figured it was in the barn in the box with the other parts. So we bring out the trailer with all the styrofoam sheets, lay them out and sweat our rears off in the Texas heat and humidity this morning cutting them all out in the pattern we need. Bring out the box, no base plate. Go back to the barn and get the bucket...no base plate. So...seems when we bought this off the lady..either they misplaced it or didn't see it fall off when they were packing it up...or we lost it off the back of the trailer when we were bringing it home. The lady moved 2 days after we bought it to another state...so can't just call her up. We were so excited to get it all up today and was hoping to be filling it up by tonite...didn't happen. So now our pool is put off for another week IF I can get the base plate delivered by then. Have to call Atlantic Pool Products and hopefully I can buy just the one base plate....but the way our luck is going...I'll probably have to buy all 12 plates in a set to get one. Kids are NOT happy. We bought it back in April and here it is the middle of June and they still don't have a pool up yet.

Now what? I pulled the paperwork on the pool we bought used from a lady. It has on the parts list "base pack" 342400145, so I guess that is the whole 12 base plates or would that include the track too? I tried calling the 800 number on a sheet that says "Stop! Questions with Assembly? Require Part information or missing a part? Call toll free 1-800-386-1210. But when I call it...there is some stupid message about information and number searches for your cell phone for 9.99 a month! So I went to www.atlanticpoolproducts.com to their "contact us" section...and i called the 514 number on their website..and hear "Bon Jour........" and the whole message is in FRENCH! Its to Canada! Now what? I need a base plate and have no idea how to get it!
Help?

Gonna try that I guess. I finally got thru..but it was a lady speaking in french so I left her a message. Think if I called a Metal fabricator business and brought them one of the plates, they could make one for me? Saw on a search that someone took theirs to a metal fabricator cause they were missing 14 of the base plates and they made them for 100.00 for all 14.

Actually, I went to a local Sheet Metal shop and asked very nicely if they could make me a replica. They didn't have a laser to make the cut outs for the little flaps, but they made the flaps on another piece and tack welded to the bigger part. Not identical..but pretty close! He said that was the first time in all their years of being in business someone has walked in off the street with that type of request. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.