Inground pool - Liner or complete product (Viking pools?)

May 11, 2012
Hi

I have a inground pool (well i have a whole in the ground with some metal plates around it). I can get an inground pool kit for about $6000 (www.1800pools.com) or i could use Viking Pools complete unit.

I kinda like the idea of the solid all in one pool unit, no more liners etc... however are they as good as they sound?

My inground pool lasted about 15 years, Viking Pools offer a 20/30 year warranty and you never need to replace the liner as it doesnt have one. I am in Canada so it will need to be drained abit and water removed, however are the all in one units better as there easier to install?

I am trying to get a quiet from a Viking Dealer to see how "bad" it is, i only need something basic like there oblong 30x16 something pool.

A Viking fiberglass pool will run you anywhere from 10-20K and up for the shell only. We was looking at fiberglass but after thinking about if something does go wrong with it you pretty much have to demo your whole pool install to take it out. While a liner you know you will be spending 2-4k every 10 years or so to replace it you do not have to rip out the decking to do it. A liner just has more advantages to us. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also about the warrants. Look closely at those. Most are prorated and all of them pay for the shell only. So that means your concrete removal and new concrete installed will not be covered. Granted I don't think many have problems but if they did the cost of repair even with a warranty would get expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.