Baad experiance with liquid cardboard

Jun 10, 2012
Short version ....maybe
Third year of hot tub useage. Just spent two days cleaning hot tub from the Bacucrap aka liquid cardboard tried this after our last move seeing we have well water at our disposal and city water. Well water is free.............
Well after a few weeks and not liking the off gases and floating liquid cardboard and a late nite dip and some scissors,razor blades removing liquid cardboard fri nite. (I'll be conacting a bacuacil rep monday on this ugly outcome)
I'm going back to or starting up the BBB method. we privously used pristine products but was always chasing cloudy water and ph levels.
So excited about what I ave been reading here on site..Internet is a great tool man if used for the goood of man kind.
Any way here are my preliminary numbers any help till my new test kit arrives (olin 2 test kit PH & chlorine)
Spa temp 68,and holds about 250 gallons
zero... chlorine
6.4 ish... PH
This is the kit that was left with house we bought and a 24' pool and i'm guessing the privous owner used the BBB method as there are a lot of bleach bottles that were left in the barn.
Will this kit suffice for both hot tub and pool or should I get the kit mentioned in privous readings here? Thanks for any input and Hello to all forum members.

Geeezer Jr said:
Short version ....maybe
Third year of hot tub useage. Just spent two days cleaning hot tub from the Bacucrap aka liquid cardboard tried this after our last move seeing we have well water at our disposal and city water. Well water is free.............
Well after a few weeks and not liking the off gases and floating liquid cardboard and a late nite dip and some scissors,razor blades removing liquid cardboard fri nite. (I'll be conacting a bacuacil rep monday on this ugly outcome)
I'm going back to or starting up the BBB method. we privously used pristine products but was always chasing cloudy water and ph levels.
So excited about what I ave been reading here on site..Internet is a great tool man if used for the goood of man kind.
Any way here are my preliminary numbers any help till my new test kit arrives (olin 2 test kit PH & chlorine) Spa temp 68,and holds about 250 gallons
zero... chlorine
6.4 ish... PH
This is the kit that was left with house we bought and a 24' pool and i'm guessing the privous owner used the BBB method as there are a lot of bleach bottles that were left in the barn.
Will this kit suffice for both hot tub and pool or should I get the kit mentioned in privous readings here? Thanks for any input and Hello to all forum members.

The kit i have is olin and does 2 tests only Chlorine and PH...
I have ordered the one recommended on this site.....K 2500 or something close to that

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.