Intex Easy Set Skimmer/Pump questions

Jun 10, 2012
Hey Guys,

New intex owner here and have been reading this site for the past 2 weeks. I have gained tons of info!!! I purchased a 15x48 Easy Set "blue blob" pool. Using the BBB method to try to keep chemical costs down and having clear water. Anyway after 9hrs of digging by hand with a shovel i have the ground pretty level, got the pool up and it's doing great. However i have a few questions. 1 the 1000 gph cartridge filter/pump is pretty much useless. I run it 24/7 and the water is cloudy. Having a pool party today and this pump will take a month with no pool use to clear the water up. So i plan on getting the intex sand filter. I just dont know which size to get the 1600 or 2650? My pool is roughly 3750 gallons. Any recommendations? I also plan to purchase the skooba vac and use the pump/filter for vacuuming rather than the vacuum that came with the pool. Last question. Can i install a through wall skimmer on this type of pool? if so what kind?

thanks,

Jeff

I have a 16X48 (5061 Gallons I think) Metal Frame Intex and I have the 1600gph Intex Sand filter. It seems to be more than adequate for us. I don't think you can install a thru wall skimmer due to the shaped of the wall, but I might be wrong. While writing this, I just looked up the 1600gph Sandfilter and the price has increased. Its $229 at Walmart and I only payed $149. Honestly, I'd go with the 1600, plenty of power for your pool. Good luck! Cleaning has been a BREEZE with our sandfilter.

IMG_1455.jpg

THat is our Pump
IMG_1475.jpg

and Here is our clean pool! :)

Thanks for tips!- this site is great! I ordered the intex sand filter 1600 this morning. Found it on ebay new for $179 shipped. Should be here by the weekend. I have the over the wall skimmer that seems to work pretty well. I shocked the pool last night after the pool party. This morning the pool looked like it did yesterday morning. Clean but cloudy. I guess that is due to the 1000gph pump being undersized and me being cheap by cleaning the filter rather than replacing it. I can't wait for the sand filter to get here. Any recommendations on pool vacuums? I was thinking either the skooba vac or the intex deluxe kit. both are about $50.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.