Adding muriatic acid

jaydar

Mar 30, 2011
Hi all, it's been awhile since i've posted here.Thanks to this site my pool has been pretty much troublefree.

When my ph is too high I add muriatic acid to lower.I've always diluted it in a 5 gal bucket.Is this absolutely necessary? I mean....with 11000 gallons of water,if i slowly add muriatic directly to the pool....it's being diluted...am I right?

What would be the danger,if any, of doing this..to my pool or myself? To me it seems that there is more potential for personal injury by mixing/diluting in the bucket.

Thanks

I completely agree. I lower the gallon jug of muriatic as far down into the pool water to achieve neutral bouyancy (close, anyway) and then pour out the required amount. I never pour it on dry land, never touch it, never have it go anywhwere but straight into the pool. That won't always work for everyone but it is best and safest for me

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.