double layer skimmer gasket

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
Putting in new liner and came upon a problem. I am changing my skimmer out while I am doing my new liner. Any way my old skimmer had the 2 part gasket for skimmer and my new one has the double layer gasket. With the double layer I can not put my skimmer bolted on and the cut my hole in the liner because to put the double layer on you have to already have the hole cut into liner. Can I take a knife and cut my double layer gasket and make it 2 pieces with out messing it up and to where it will still not leak? Hope I explained where you can understand what I am asking. I am shut down until I get this figured out...Thanks in advance.

You should be able to install the double layer gasket from outside the pool without cutting the liner. The gasket goes over the edge of the opening in the pool wall, while the liner stays on the inside of the pool and goes on top of the gasket. From outside when complete you should have skimmer body, gasket, wall, gasket, liner, face plate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.