HELP! Some weird pump activity

Jun 5, 2012
Edmond, OK
Trying to fight my algae problem. Dosing with bleach all day yesterday. Everything worked all day while I was working on the pool. I have some air bubbles that I will have to address....

Woke up this morning and my waterfall was not going. Head out to the pump and the basket is empty. Shut the pump down and start looking over things. I did not find anything obviously wrong so I started it back up. It took about a minute to get primed and pumping, but it only stayed pumping for about 30 seconds. It was like someone just shut the water off. Three feed lines, drain and two skimmers.

I have it working now, though it is not pumping to full capacity. I have the drain feed open and my floor vacuum head connected to the deep end skimmer. If I turn the shallow skimmer valve on, it pumps for a bit and then quits drawing water.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

That usually indicates an air leak somewhere on the suction side of the plumbing. The most obvious possibility is that the pump strainer basket lid is not sealing correctly, but really the air leak could be anywhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.