Another ? AGP covers

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
which kind to get and which kind to keep away from? The location where our pool will be going is pretty much open and clear from the 2 long leaf pine trees we have back there, but the needles and those little brown curly things still come down in full force in the spring. But still want a good cover for the winter. I seen some on ebay for a pretty low price, but I am sure they are just maybe a 1 or 2 yr cover at most.

Do you have a hard freeze type winter or southern winter?

Many people use standard winter covers with a centered "pillow" under it to keep the accumulated water/snow/ice from pulling down the center - they also have winter cover pumps to pump off the water so it doesn't become a swamp on top of the cover. A good leaft net on top of that for a few weeks until everything is done dropping out of trees will help to keep debris off the winter cover and out of the pool - you remove the leaf net and Crud it catches before the freeze up - it can be put back on in the spring to catch spring "droppings" too.

I use an Arctic Armor micro mesh winter cover - you can see it in my deck pictures - it looks like a solid cover but has really super fine mesh that allows all moisture/water to drop through it and still catches all the crud that drops on top. I do not have to have a "pillow" in the center and do not pump mine off. We freeze SOLID and have never had any damage to the pool or the winter cover using this method, which is as directed by this manufacturer. This is not the same as regular "mesh" covers - this one is intended to be used as a winter cover where it freezes. It has a good warranty and I have never seen as much as little piece ripped, shredded, torn or pulled off by ice or freezing. It's been a very good one for us for years. I'm sold on it. Way easier than the other solid kind we had before - pillows, pumps, swampy Crud on top in the spring - yuck. We open crystal clear every year.

We have a very mild southern winter with February being our coldest month. I really just need something to keep the bugs and pineneedles/pollen out but would like to have something to pass the water through. Moms I/G pool had one of those loop lock covers- the kind where the elephant is standing on it. Do they make that type for AGPs?

TYIA

No they don't make those for AG. The kind I have is the closest type of material to what that is -

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.