Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another ? AGP covers

1. Back To Top    #1

Another ? AGP covers

which kind to get and which kind to keep away from? The location where our pool will be going is pretty much open and clear from the 2 long leaf pine trees we have back there, but the needles and those little brown curly things still come down in full force in the spring. But still want a good cover for the winter. I seen some on ebay for a pretty low price, but I am sure they are just maybe a 1 or 2 yr cover at most.
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2
    Do you have a hard freeze type winter or southern winter?

Many people use standard winter covers with a centered "pillow" under it to keep the accumulated water/snow/ice from pulling down the center - they also have winter cover pumps to pump off the water so it doesn't become a swamp on top of the cover. A good leaft net on top of that for a few weeks until everything is done dropping out of trees will help to keep debris off the winter cover and out of the pool - you remove the leaf net and **** it catches before the freeze up - it can be put back on in the spring to catch spring "droppings" too.

I use an Arctic Armor micro mesh winter cover - you can see it in my deck pictures - it looks like a solid cover but has really super fine mesh that allows all moisture/water to drop through it and still catches all the crud that drops on top. I do not have to have a "pillow" in the center and do not pump mine off. We freeze SOLID and have never had any damage to the pool or the winter cover using this method, which is as directed by this manufacturer. This is not the same as regular "mesh" covers - this one is intended to be used as a winter cover where it freezes. It has a good warranty and I have never seen as much as little piece ripped, shredded, torn or pulled off by ice or freezing. It's been a very good one for us for years. I'm sold on it. Way easier than the other solid kind we had before - pillows, pumps, swampy **** on top in the spring - yuck. We open crystal clear every year.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3
    We have a very mild southern winter with February being our coldest month. I really just need something to keep the bugs and pineneedles/pollen out but would like to have something to pass the water through. Moms I/G pool had one of those loop lock covers- the kind where the elephant is standing on it. Do they make that type for AGPs?

TYIA
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

4. Back To Top    #4
    No they don't make those for AG. The kind I have is the closest type of material to what that is -
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!