Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
fc 6.5 cc less than .5 ta 150 ph 7.8 cya50
every things looked good until a big swim party today and then the water turned silghty cloudy. have been workin on the TA And PH. was wondering if this is what caused the cloudy look

You could also try adding some DE or cellulose fiber (FiberClear, ZeoFiber) to your sand filter. Here is a Pool School article on how to do this: pool-school/add_de_to_a_sand_filter. The application process is the same with either product. As for the dosing amount, follow the Pool School article if using DE. If using cellulose fiber, follow the dosing amount shown on the product label. Either way, check your filter pressure frequently as the improved filtering can send the PSI up faster than what you are accustomed to seeing.

Putting my $ where my mouth is, I use cellulose fiber as an aid to my sand filter with excellent results.

You could also try adding some DE or cellulose fiber (FiberClear, ZeoFiber) to your sand filter.
OP's only issue was the increased bather load. This wasn't persistent chronic cloudiness but simply due to the increased organic load (including just some extra dirt) that lots of swimmers always bring to a pool.

BBB is about K.I.S.S. Simply elevating the FC levels a bit as JohnT suggested above will almost surely get the pool back to clear without the use of anything else.

OP's only issue was the increased bather load. This wasn't persistent chronic cloudiness but simply due to the increased organic load (including just some extra dirt) that lots of swimmers always bring to a pool. BBB is about K.I.S.S. Simply elevating the FC levels a bit as JohnT suggested above will almost surely get the pool back to clear without the use of anything else.

Agree that bumping up the FC is the first line of defense in this case, as previous posts had already indicated. The point of my post was to share a suggestion (DE / cellulose fiber) that has worked well for me that the OP (REBARBEE) could consider in the event that the water is taking longer to get back to the clarity it was before the pool party. If the water clears up to REBARBEE's satisfaction with extra FC and pump run time, then that's good enough.

BoDarville, adding DE or cellulose as a filter aid, while a great general purpose suggestion, will not have any visible impact in this specific situation. With high bather load the cloudiness comes on quickly and with appropriate FC levels is already gone before most of the water can pass through the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.