no flow light on aqua rite salt system

Jun 9, 2012
Ok here is something I need help with, I just replaced a t-cell 15 with a compupool cell, when I turn the system on my no flow light comes on, if I let the system run for 15 to 20 minutes it will go out, but when I turn the controller to auto the generating light comes on for 2 or 3 seconds then the no flow light comes back on and stops the system from generating any chlorine, anyone have an ideal on what's going on.

thanks for the reply, and i did try that, i also tried testing the flow switch, i checked the relay to make sure it wasn't cooked on the back side of the board and for voltage at the relay, all checked good except the switch, so i took the flow switch to a pool dealer and they said they didn't think it was the switch because they could not get a reading off mine or the new flow switch they had, they seemed to think the problem was the cell i got from compupool for 300 dollars cheaper than the turbo cell 15 that i could have i got from them, but i went with my gut feeling and i know some of you might think your crazy its a open and close switch and a easy check, but when you take it to a dealer and they couldn't even get a reading off a new switch what other choice did i have but my gut LOL, so i got a new switch installed it and bam flashing no flow light for 15 seconds with controller off, no flow light went off, turned it to auto no flow light stayed off and generating light came on and the cell is producing chlorine. last thing i would like to add is even though you can't see a cut in the flow switch line and even though you have it plugged in to the control board which is the basic trouble shooting aqua rite gives you, and a dealer says they can't get a reading off of it or even there new one, that doesn't mean there is not a problem with the flow switch.

Replacing the flow switch would have been my next suggestion but glad you go it all sorted out. You never know how people try and test things so even though "they" couldn't get a reading, didn't mean they knew how to test it properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.