Second rerturn in my AGP

Mar 22, 2012
I am thinking about putting a second return in my AGP. The main return is within about ten inches of the skimmer, and in my opionion does a poor job circulating the water on the bottom. My thought was since I have a extra return fitting, I would mount it six or eight inches off the bottom of the pool to help stir the dust and debris off the bottom. Also I think this would help maintain a more even temp. throughtout the whole pool. Any thoughts on this?

My main return can be pointed down but when it is pointed down it creates a "water tornado" and makes an annoying sucking sound so i keep the return pointed slightly upward to keep a tornado from forming.

i have played with moving the eye every which way and still get a small tornado almost everytime. I'm located in Indiana, so good point swimcmp, I didn't think about wintertime. Hard to think about snow when it's over 90 degrees today. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.