Exterior Backfill, Back fill, question

May 23, 2012
Ok, search gave a lot of back fill info for inside of pool, (I think). I want to be sure before I begin the labor on our new pool...

Installer said use the earth removed from leveling the area. My plan was to sift dirt to be used against outside pool materials and back fill about 20" on one side down to about 4" above former grade on other side of pool. We had a foam base and foam floor pad installed inside pool under the liner, so sand wash out should not be major concern. I understand to grade away from the pool so run off is taken away from pool base.

My question: Should I use a plastic liner between EXTERIOR pool wall and earth back fill? Again I want to be sure as other searches seamed to be referring to using plastic on the interior berm usually made of sand.

By the way, BBB water in pool is great! Removed the Nature2 before it was ever used!

Welcome to tfp, polabear :wave:

PolaBear said:
My question: Should I use a plastic liner between EXTERIOR pool wall and earth back fill? Again I want to be sure as other searches seamed to be referring to using plastic on the interior berm usually made of sand.
I think plastic is typically on inside, if used. I am not sure, but I don't think it would hurt anything on the outside wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.