Resilience SWG System trouble

Jun 9, 2012
We have a Resilience SWG system with the SCC-25 salt cell. It was installed in 2007 when the pool (14,000 gallons) was built, so this is our 6th season with it. It has functioned perfectly up until recently.

Even though the salt level is fine (I had the water tested) the LEDs on the control box have generally been showing the lowest setting (10%) and now lately showing no LEDs lit up at all. Occasionally the proper salt level is indicated on the LEDs which makes me think it could be a loose connection somewhere.

I cleaned the cell with a diluted muriatic acid solution, which did not seem to make a difference.

Could the control box have gone bad? I'm reluctant to run out and buy a replacement cell if something else is the issue.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

The cell might be half worn out. SWG cells are run in two different directions, switching directions every couple of hours. If the cell plate coating has worn out in one direction but not the other it could do exactly what you describe.

Hi, any updates on this? I have the same issue with the original scc-25, even I replaced it with some generic one that worked only five months over two years and it's bad now. I need to buy something that will last some time. Did you buy something else?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.