Overflowing an in ground pool

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
We have had rains of biblical proportions since last Thursday afternoon. I estimate at least 12" and maybe more. I've had to pump the pool down five times and the pump is running to waste as I type. The pool overflowed last night. I pumped it down below the skimmer level before I went to bed about 10. Thunder woke me up about 3 AM and when I looked at the pool it was overflowing. I pumped it down again, then again at about 6:30.

When the pool overflows like that will water get between the liner and wall and damage the pool?

No, the pool will be fine. If anything it is safer to have the pool totally full than to have it at it's normal level when there is a chance of high ground water. The only real risk is that the water running out of the pool will wash away some dirt you would rather hadn't been washed away.

I'm not sure from your description, but it sounds like maybe the top edge of the liner is coming out of it's track. If so, that is a fairly common problem and can be fixed without too much trouble. You need a warm sunny day and some physical effort to pull the liner back into the track and then something to lock the liner in so it won't come out again (typically liner loc, also pennies often work).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.