Cost Difference?

G

We bought our house last October with an inground pool. Pool looked ok when we moved in, we knew absolutely nothing about taking care of the pool. Pretty much the lady threw in pucks in the skimmer and not much else. We paid to have someone come out and close the pool as we had no clue what was involved in doing that. After watching the guys spend a few minutes pouring in some chemicals and putting in the plugs and charging us $450.....my husband vowed to never pay someone again to do that. Over the winter, we had some bad winds and the cover ripped in half and the liner was starting to fall out. With a few estimates between $3800 - $4500, we did alot of investigating and believed we could install the liner ourselves. My husband is a pretty handy guy. Through all of my research I came across this site and was convinced to try the BBB Method. It is all we have known and our pool looks awesome. I have added stabalizer and bleach so far. I am very thankful to this site for the wealth of knowledge that is here if you are willing to have an open mind. My question is this............since we have only used the BBB method, wondering what kind of cost difference there really is between using the 3" jumbo pucks opposed to bleach. Just curious how much I am saving by using this method.
Thanks

It has a lot to do with the cost of water in your area. The costs are close, though bleach is very slightly ahead, if you ignore the fact that tablets constantly add CYA to the water and eventually you are going to need to replace water to keep the CYA level down.

Most of the larger savings possible from the BBB method have to do with avoiding having problems, which are difficult to predict or pin down and thus difficult to attach any particular price to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.