Leaf Bagger or Leaf Rake ?

I have debris to remove from the bottom of my green pool. I don't have a lot of free time, or energy. I am considering a leaf bagger to help get the job done better, faster. Does anyone have any experience using one? Does it work any better than a leaf rake? Is it a pain in the rear to use? I'm skeptical about this product ... :mrgreen:

I assume you are referring to these things:

http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Time-NA316-L ... B000MOIX3A

I have one and it works very well. At spring opening this year I had a fair amount of smallish tree seed/pods to clear up from the bottom. No way I could do that easily with a leaf rake. especially through the haze. The 'bagger' whipped those up in no time. Obviously the mesh is not small enough to retain fine stuff which gets blown up in a cloud, but that usually settles quickly for vacuuming.

The only 'pain' really is having to hook up to a hose. Mine just came with a female hose connection, so I fitted a quick hose connect. When lifting the 'bagger' out of the pool you have to invert it so that the bag contents do not spill out, so you might get sprayed a little, unless you fit an inline stop-cock. Best also not to fill the (string-draw) bag too much at a time as it might slip off the base under the weight when inverted.

If it is the type that runs on little ball wheels you might also want to check that they are smooth. Mine had a few burrs that I rubbed down. Don't want to damage the liner.

So, yes, if you don't want to spend the bucks on an automated gizmo, I think they are well worth it.

WorBry said:
I assume you are referring to these things:

http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Time-NA316-L ... B000MOIX3A

I have one and it works very well. At spring opening this year I had a fair amount of smallish tree seed/pods to clear up from the bottom. No way I could do that easily with a leaf rake. especially through the haze. The 'bagger' whipped those up in no time. Obviously the mesh is not small enough to retain fine stuff which gets blown up in a cloud, but that usually settles quickly for vacuuming.

The only 'pain' really is having to hook up to a hose. Mine just came with a female hose connection, so I fitted a quick hose connect. When lifting the 'bagger' out of the pool you have to invert it so that the bag contents do not spill out, so you might get sprayed a little, unless you fit an inline stop-cock. Best also not to fill the (string-draw) bag too much at a time as it might slip off the base under the weight when inverted.

If it is the type that runs on little ball wheels you might also want to check that they are smooth. Mine had a few burrs that I rubbed down. Don't want to damage the liner.

So, yes, if you don't want to spend the bucks on an automated gizmo, I think they are well worth it.
Thank you for the feedback on this. I like the idea of a larger bag than my Polaris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.