Suggestion how to clean DE Separator bag?

dravenone

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
Glendora, California
Seems the bag on my separator has become so clogged I can't even feel water coming back to the pool when using it. The instructions only state to rise it after use, which I do. Any suggestion on what to spray or soak it with/in to hopefully clean it up? I believe the bag is made of nylon.

Thanks in adavnace!

I have a Hayward DE filter that cleans up somewhat easily but sometimes I need to take it apart to clean it. Can you take yours apart or maybe run water through it in the opposite direction? Sorry I can't help much and it seems not many have this type of system seeing you've got no answers yet. Good luck.

I also have a separation tank. I used the instructions for cleaning a DE filter and it seemed to help. First I soaked the bag in a TSP solution, then gave it a soak in a 10/1 water/acid solution to remove any builtup scale. If yours is like mine, it has a wire stiffening ring around the top. To avoid corrosion I made sure that it wasn't in the acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.