Doughboy pump filter specs?

krcossin

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 14, 2007
Detroit Burbs
After doing a bunch of good reading here and the other closed forum, I'd like to calculate if I have the correct pump and filter size for my pool. For whatever reason I have been unable to find a website that has the specifications for Doughboy branded Power Pak II 1 horse pump or the Sequel I plus DE filter. I'm sure what I have will work just fine, I just enjoy knowing everything I can especially before I start using it. Any of you pool gods know of such a resource?

I don't believe it. There is someone else in this world besides me that has a Power-Pak II. I have not been able to find out anything either. We have a Doughboy dealer near us. When I called, the guy said he would call back, but never did. I might try that resource again (even though he didn't seem to know what I was talking about). The original installer is out of business. The grids in the original DE filter rotted out, so I replaced it with a sand filter about 2 1/2 years ago.

Thanks DrC, I have been there and downloaded the manual, however it does not provide any specifications that I was hoping to get. Other sites that sell competitive branded pumps have all the specifics possible. I just can't understand why Doughboy is so tight with data.

Poseidon said:
krcossin,
Agreed. If I get time this weekend, I'll pop open the pump housing and see if there is a label or anything that might help. I'll let ya know.

Sorry it took so long to get around to doing this. Here is all the information that was on the motor itself (other than a warning about proper grounding). Unfortunately I doubt any of this will help.
GE MOTORS AND INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS
AC MOTOR THERMALLY PROTECTED
MOD 5KH35HN3448FX
HP 1
RPM 3450
A 10.00
SFA
AMB 40 C
TIME RATING CONT
300-1028
PUMP DUTY

I too have been looking for specs on the Doughboy Pool Power Pak II. Poseidon's specs are correct but Lomart and Magnetek (7-181200-22) also supplied motors for them, the key appears to be the 300-1028 number. My original motor also has a 0-1086-200 number on it. If you're looking for replacement motors as I am then you might want to check out the Electric Motor Warehouse website, http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id ... x=0&I1.y=0 as they seem to have the best prices. I have two of the motors and I just dropped one off at a local company to see if it could be rebuilt and at what cost. The one I dropped off sounds like the bearings/bushings are going out and the other will not restart after it gets hot. Hopefully early next week, they don't work weekends, I will find out about the rebuild and post an update.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have had to replace my original pump due to a hose that came off. The dealer gave me a 1.5hp Power Pak ii, however it keeps tripping the 20am circuit breaker. I wonder if I can rebuild the original pump? The motor is quieter, it still will turn, but no water flow. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.