Culprit in burning eyes issues?

joshs2000ss

Nov 10, 2010
South Central Kentucky
My son is 5 and doesn't like to swim in goggles. After spending quite a bit of time in the pool he says his eyes burn and they look red. All of my numbers seem to be good so I'm not sure what the issue is. My latest test, right before they swam last was:

PH - 7.3
FC - 5.5
CC - 0
CYA - 65
TA - didn't test that time, never had any issues, usually right at 90
CH - agents are bad and haven't tested, but again, no issues in the past
Salt - 3000

Which, of the chemicals that are in the pool, are most likely to cause issues with the eyes? Is this just normal with long sessions of being in the pool with no goggles and going underwater with your eyes open?

Well, that basically covers the issues I know of. (Low pH which you addressed, high CC to which you reported zero, and no salt to which you reported 3000)

Is this a new thing? Has anything changed? Is his nose burning too or just his eyes? I suppose it could just be a fluke experience and only cause was that he just overdid it. Hopefully someone with more experience in this area will follow-up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.