...something more complex going on?

evad

Jun 1, 2011
Jason,

I would like to ask about this "something more complex going on". I have followed the TFP methods for a couple years now and have had great success, I use bleach, borax and baking soda. This spring, the pool was like it always is, a dark green pond. (i believe my signature should show all the necessary data about the type of pool, but just in case i messed that up, i have a 20,000 gal, vinyl liner, IG, mesh cover, sand filter). I have a Taylor test kit with new regents. I followed all the steps for the shock process and got the water to the milky stage a couple weeks ago and it has stayed there. This morning the tests were as follows:
FC - 12.5
CC- 0 - .025
CYA - 35
PH - 7.8
TA - 140

Do you think I might have something more complex going on based on this information, and if so, what might that be? Thanks is advance.

Are you running your filter 24-7? A sand filter will sometimes take longer to clear a cloudy pool. What is your clean pressure, and when are you backwashing the filter? Lastly, you could add some DE to your filter and that might help clear the pool.

yes, running 24/7 ..... clean pressure is at 15, the first week of milky water, i waited to back wash until it reached 23, the second week i have back washed more frequently, at least once a day - is there a preferred vendor for the DE?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.