Pool Timer for twist lock plug with 1.5HP pump

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hi guys. I have a 2 speed 1.5 HP pump. I have it pluuged in with a twist lock plug. I assume that means I have to have a twist lock timer ? Any idea of the best place to get one ? It seems the twist lock ones are double the price of the regular oness.

JasonLion said:
The Intermatic P1131 is good up to 15 amps. If your motor needs more than 15 amps you may need to switch to a hardwired timer.
Yeah I saw that one. I dont "think" my pump is rated highter than that. I have the Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed.
It just bites that the twist lock timer is 25$ more than the regular standard plug timer. Do I HAVE to have the same type of plug as my pump ?

The twist lock requirement varies from place to place. In many areas you have to either hardwire or have twist lock. In other places a regular plug is acceptable.

There should be a plate on your pump listing the peak Amps used.

just saw this post.

I ordered The Intermatic P1131 from amazon.
I used it Aug of 2012 for one month then put it away.

This year it lasted one week and it died.

My pump is 1.5hp

Not sure what else to try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.