How much you guys paying for bleach?

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
Bleach here in michigan for 3/4 gallon is 2 bucks for 6% meijer, was suprised couldn't find any 1 gallon bottles.

I can buy 4 bottles of 1 gallon chlorine for 11 bucks 10% is that a good deal? or you guys buying bleach somewere else cheaper?

Our local Leslies I believe is running a Buy 2 Get 1 free deal. They charge about $5 for 2.5 gallons of 10% strength bleach. It comes out to about 16 cents / oz using that Excel sheet found in the forums somewhere.

smooth2222 said:
Bleach here in michigan for 3/4 gallon is 2 bucks for 6% meijer, was suprised couldn't find any 1 gallon bottles.

I can buy 4 bottles of 1 gallon chlorine for 11 bucks 10% is that a good deal? or you guys buying bleach somewere else cheaper?

Where you getting (4) 1 gallon bottles for $11. I pay that for 2 bottles.

I just paid $5.99 for two 1-1/2 gallons (total=3 gal) of Chlorox . They come as a set from our local BJs or Costco (Ellicott City/Balto MD). This was better than our grocery store prices, where it was $2.99 for 1 gallon of Chlorox or $2.49 for generic label.

Keep an eye on ACE Tru-Value Hardware Store. Over the Memorial Holiday, they were selling hth Chlorinator (10% bleach) for $10 for a 4gal case. The manager says this will happen again soon

My local FLPS sells 2.5 gal carboys of Buckman Labs 12.5% LC for $9. That beats the local CostCo Clorox 3x1.82.oz for $9.99 and the Walmart GV 182.oz for $2.89. I already have three carboys. This place refunds cash for the carboy deposit but I just keep them over the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
smooth2222 said:

That's last years price at my Meijer! I'm paying $13 now. Still a slight bit better than 3 clorox for $8.50 @ Sam's, plus less liquid.

Edit - and on meijer.com it's listed at $12.49

Just converting over to the bbb so I've been shopping for bleach.

Metro Atlanta
Costco 3-182 oz bottles of Clorox $9.49
Wal-Mart 182 oz bottles, $2.98
Aldi's 96 oz bottles, $1.15
Janitorial Supply 6-one gallon bottles to a case, $8.98

Grocery Store had 60 oz, 96 oz 128 oz and 182 oz bottles of Clorox and off brands way more expensive
Leslie's said that they don't carry liquid chlorine and thought it would be hard to find in GA.
I haven't had any luck at Home Depot or Lowe's, is there anyone in the area that has found 10-12.5% LC?

Leslie's on-line wants $299 for 100lbs of 73% Cal-Hypo, which makes it more expensive than bleach. In the store they are selling it for $189 that makes it a little less expensive than bleach ( .16/oz vs .20/oz at Aldi's) but a lot more hassle.

Durk said:
My local FLPS sells 2.5 gal carboys of Buckman Labs 12.5% LC for $9. That beats the local CostCo Clorox 3x1.82.oz for $9.99 and the Walmart GV 182.oz for $2.89. I already have three carboys. This place refunds cash for the carboy deposit but I just keep them over the winter.

What is FLP's? That sounds like a great price.

acroberson said:
Durk said:

What is FLP's? That sounds like a great price.

FLPS - Friendly Local Pool Store. In this case, a local NJ outfit with two or three stores called Pelican Pools.

LC and September 2 for 1 pool floats are the only thing I buy there.

Man pool stores here sell 10% gallons for $4.99. Lucky you! I did just find a place Farm and Ranch Store called Atwoods on the complete other side of town that sells gallons of liquid chlorine for $2.99. I don't know whether its 10% or 12% but I am gonna have to check it out.

Kjohnson said:
Just paid $10.00 for 4 gal. 12.5%--The Great Excape- In Chicago suburbs. Not a sale-they said thats been their price a long time.

Same here, the great escape and American sales both run that special. 4 gal of 12.5% for 9.99 seems like a good deal
Otherwise aldi has the 6% cheap also

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.