Opening Help

I just set the filter to waste when I first turn the pump on, which gets rid of what's in the skimmer lines. The returns just dump into the pool. It's the same antifreeze that's used in drinking water systems, so it's not harmful.

Could you just connect a hose to the inlet, and hold it in the air, then dump water in, possibly with a garden hose until it comes out clean. i assume that you would not have it connected to the pool of course, so that it would dump onto the ground.

With a typical cartridge filter system you have to let most of the anti-freeze go into the pool, which isn't a problem. There should be a garden hose style valve, used for draining, that will let water out, but it doesn't get a high enough percentage of the water going be to make a significant difference. As long as you used pool anti-freeze this isn't a problem. Pool anti-freeze is the same stuff that they use in the drinking water tanks in RVs, ie suitable for human consumption.

Thanks! I did not know that dumping pool anti-freeze back into the pool water was no big deal. I just had my pool installed last year and the PB closed it for me as part of the deal and I didn't see exactly what he did at closing or what he used as an anti-freeze.

Just to make sure I will call him and find out for sure what he used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.