Replace cell or whole system? Aquapure 1400

Apr 19, 2010
I have a 7 year old Aquapure 1400 system, the cell was replaced 4 years ago. The cell needs replacing again and I'm wondering if I should replace an older SWG part (the cell) or replace the entire SWG system with (hopefully) newer technology?? If the answer is yes, which system would you suggest I upgrade to for a 22,000 gallon pool? Is the new AquaPure EI system adequate as a replacement? I have very hard water and the salt cell cakes very quickly so I want something where the cell is easy to clean. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just replaced my whole system to jandy aquapure 1400. It seems to be very good so far. If you are installing it yourself just read the add on to the instructions about the little computer chip thing that goes in between the mother board and flow sensor, or it wont work and will drive you crazy. Other than that easy install. I thought about that other jandy thing and thought it was a peice of junk, flimsy. Heard to that it is kind of flaky regarding flow through the cell, and seemed like it connects cheaply.
Good luck

I dont have hard water so i can't speak to that.

Thanks for the info on the newer Aquapure system - I was wondering about the same thing, if the easy installation would decrease the effectiveness of the flow versus the 1400 system. It's just that a salt cell for the 1400 is as much as an entire new system in some cases. Anyone else have any input to this discussion? Should I just replace the 1400 cell as my best and most cost efficient choice? What about the rest of my 1400 system - are the other parts in danger of time decay? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.