New concentrated Clorox coming out

Thinkly said:
I fail to see where it would be a big advantage. The bottles are 30 oz smaller but in my opinion that will just make it easier to dump a higher percentage of your bottle in the pool than you intended to.
radefeld said:
May be something to watch for us folks hauling bottles!
Advantage already mentioned. Don't have to haul as much "water" around and actually more of what you want. :hammer:

Lower shipping and packaging cost and less water use for clorox could reduce the cost for the customer... still may not be as good as store brand, but may push store brands to start offering similar product.

If they keep the same amount of sodium hypochlorite but lower the size of the bottle from 96 -> 64 oz, it would change the concentration to 9%

Press Release from Clorox
http://www.clorox.com/about-us/press/clorox-to-launch-more-concentrated-liquid-bleach/

barelylegible said:
Advantage already mentioned. Don't have to haul as much "water" around and actually more of what you want. :hammer:

Exactly what I was thinking, i didn't read good enough and redid the math - and got the same result as you at a bit under 9% so it still comes back to price.

Suppose they'll remove packaging costs, trucking costs, and water usage - then charge a premium?

I guess we'll see :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.