How do you blow out the lines?

ChrisL

Apr 3, 2007
I want to put my hot tub to sleep for a couple of months this summer. I looked around, but didn't find a good description of how to blow out the lines. I have two pumps, both accessible, with drain plugs. Do I blow them out from the pumps? Alternatively, can I just go up to 20-30 ppm on the chlorine and leave it as it certainly won't freeze.

Thanks
Chris

dont know much about spas but why cant you just drain it since it wont freeze? i would think you could use a shop vac, there are probably unions that can be taken apart near your pump too. oh and also a pump drain plug like on your pool pump

Exactly. Last time I drained the spa for a couple of months in the summer, I had significant biofilm and it took a while to clear it all out. Since I have never done theis before and it is not a piece of cake o get to the pumps, i was wondering if there is anything that might help me, instead of me just winging it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.