The Kleanzit Calcium Remover

EskimoPie

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 27, 2007
Sahuarita, AZ
Has anybody used one of these before? I was shopping at my local Frys (supermarket) and picked up some Acid while I was there and in their pool section saw this. I've had some calcium deposts on my tile, mainly near my spa spillover and thought I might try this. Previously I'd used a scrub brush dipped in some Muriatic Acid and it worked well but I didn't love working with the acid.

The Kleanzit worked really well... scrubbing at the extremely hard calcium deposits for a few seconds pretty much rubbed it right off. It seemd to foam a bit like the acid does so I'm wondering what exactly it has in it. It had some sort of crystals embedded in it also. The only downside I could see is it did leave some debris (kind of like an eraser) which I just washed into the water. I'm unsure if they'll dissolve or not. Either way, I'm not too concerned as my cleaner will eventually sweep them to the drain.

I'll definitely use it again... I just used it for the very obvious parts around the spillover but next time I'm in the pool I'll give all the tile a good cleaning. It cost about $12.00.

Attachments

• kleanzit1.jpg
    kleanzit1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 146
  • kleanzit2.jpg
    kleanzit2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 147
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.