New Intex Sand Filter/Pump - protect from dampness/weather?

Jun 6, 2012
Replacing a leaking Game sand filter with an Intex 2650. I'm unpacking and discover the manual indicates that it should be located where it is protected from weather and moisture. Is this for real? I have always placed my pump near the pool, which is located outdoors. In addition, my kids splash far and wide. Do I need to build a special housing? The pump itself indicates that it has a weatherproof housing.

I'm hoping they mean keep it dry during installation but that's not what it sounds like. Anyone know if I really need an umbrella for my pump???

Re: New Intex Sand Filter/Pump - protect from dampness/weath

I have the smaller version of that pump and filter and it's out in the open next to the pool. It was there last year too and it's doing just fine. The only thing I'm noticing this year is the sun beating down on it has begun to fade it ever so slightly. The blue doesn't quite pop like it did when I got it and the grey is a little flatter and less consistent. It's barely noticeable but I can see it. No biggie.

Re: New Intex Sand Filter/Pump - protect from dampness/weath

Mine is new this year too. I'm worried, but can't really do anything about it because of how my yard is. Other than being beat down by sun, I often see condensation on the bottom side of the clear lid over the controls. I'm afraid it will eventually damage and de-laminate the plastic touchpad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.