Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP - NEW BUILD IN FRISCO, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP - NEW BUILD IN FRISCO, TX

My wife and I have talked to SEVERAL pool builders s we are looking to install soon. Does anyone in the Dallas / Frisco area have any experience (good or bad) with a builder? I dont want an expensive miss up in the back yard of our beautiful brand new home!!!
    18x36 inground white plaster 3ft-6ft (21,000 gallons) / Coverstar auto-cover / Jandy Stealth 1.5hp pump / Jandy DE 60sf filter / Jandy LXI 400k btu gas heater / Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG / Polaris 380

2. Back To Top    #2

We are just south of Frisco in Carrollton. We interviewed Riverbend, Gold Medal, Platinum and Hobert. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. It was a tough decision, but we went with Riverbend. My suggestion is don't just talk to one. Talk with at least 3. You will be amazed at what you learn as you go thru the process with each one. Good luck and keep us informed on who you choose.

3. Back To Top    #3

We interviewed Riverbend, Foley & Hauk and ended up going with Riverbend. The process went pretty smooth and I would definitely recommend them. They were a little more expensive than Foley.

4. Back To Top    #4

we had bids from California, Tropix & Classic tile and plaster for our remodel...started Feb 07 still dealing with Classic, I REALLY wish I would have gone with my gut and paid the extra for California, they get all of our business now, great company, very honest owner.
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

5. Back To Top    #5

When we started our build almost three years ago we interviewed three: Riverbend, Platinum and Tahitian. We went with Riverbend and can recommend them. Tahitian was a recommendation from a friend and builds a great pool but at a higher price.

There is no substitute for getting several bids, at least three.
    31000 Gal IG L-shape w/ spa, Riversand finish (PebbleSheen clone)
    Jandy 60 sq ft DE, 2.5 HP (uprated) Stealth pump, Polaris 280 w/ booster, Jandy PDA PS4 controller

6. Back To Top    #6

We went with Hobert and highly recommend them. They've been around a long time, they use quality equipment and components and their customer service is outstanding. That last item is what really sold us on their performance, when we had concerns they came out right away and fixed it to our satisfaction. They came out 4 times just to smooth the yard out!
    Our pool adventure... click here