mcmeekin pool build

mcmeekin

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 21, 2007
SC
Hi all,
This should maybe go in introduce yourself, but we're building now too. I lurked on PF for a few years. We built a pool at our old home 5 years ago. We outgrew our house and moved last year. we went last summer without a pool but had to have one again this year. Grading has begun. We're putting it in an unused area of our back yard near a steep slope, so retaining walls had to be built. That's what they're doing here. PB says digging should begin monday morning now that the walls are finished. Were building another liner pool, 14x28, 3' to 5' depth ~11k gallons. It will have an automatic coverstar cover, DE filter, deck jets, SWG. We had special steps made to act like a shelf. It all sounds good- I hope it matches the picture in my head. :-D I'll post pictures as it happens.
msm

59.jpg

The PB is coming along. The special step slowed them down. It came in later than expected. Now the waiting game is the coverstar automatic cover. After the retaining wall was done, the excavator digging the pool and grading for the patio got into the gravel and hit the wall blocks from behind. If you look closely in the second picture you can see the separation of the blocks. The PB took responsibility for it and said he'll repair the wall.
It's slower than I expected, but with the special orders and the holiday, I understand... so far :?

this is the large step for lounging
75.jpg

A larger view:
76.jpg

more to come

mcmeekin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.