6G's to replace liner?

bboehm

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2007
Cary, IL
I have a 20x40 IG pool and just received a quote to have the liner replaced.

Replacement includes:
- drain, remove old liner, chlorine rinse for bacteria control, smooth out any rough spots, patch any large cracks, caulk seams, clear debris, install liner

- 27 mil liner

- new faceplates and gaskets (I have 4 returns)

- 1 load of trucked in water

Total cost is $6000

Does this sound about right? I have no idea but am thinking of getting 1 or two other quotes. This particular quote came from our pool builder and we do trust them to do good work but I want to make sure I'm keeping them honest!!

Thanks!

Yowza - they sure think they are made of gold - or is it the water that is golden? I'm with Dave on this one.

Yeah definately shop around. We replaced the liner in my moms 18x36 I/G about 3 yrs ago and it was about 2k.

You can rent a sump pump from Home Depot and drain it yourself and also refill it yourself. That is what we did.

Thanks all

Here's the breakdown:

Labor $2800
Liner $2600
Faceplates and gaskets $400
1 truckload of H20 - $200

The 27mil liner is more expensive than traditional 20mil liners but we really wanted to go with something that's going to last this time around. But even at that, $2600 seems a bit high. And from what I'm hearing, $2800 in labor is WAY too high.

1 truckload of water is just enough to set the liner. I don't remember how many we needed when we first built the pool but probably 3 or 4 truckloads total.

I'll definitely be getting a couple more quotes.

Thanks for the insight!

bboehm said:
This particular quote came from our pool builder and we do trust them to do good work but I want to make sure I'm keeping them honest!!

I don't know what area of the US you are from: but if the other quotes you get are in the ballpark of the first, I think your last sentence says it all.

We are in the NW suburbs of Chicago. If anyone knows of a good, reputable installer that they would recommend, I'm all ears!!

I called Arvidson today (another local pool co.) and they said roughly $3500 to do the liner replacement. That's alot more in line with what I had originally envisioned.

I'll be getting a couple more quotes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.