Dark spot around tiles - photo included

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Hi,

Anyone have any idea what the dark spot is around the tiles? I tried resting a chlorine tab on it over night and its not organic. Tried brushing with a steel brush but its still there.

Any clues?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 161
I am not exactly sure which part of the picture I should be looking at. Are you talking about the dark strip above the tile line (kinda looks like a shadow)?

Have you tried testing it for a metal stain? Crush up vitamin C tablets and put them in a sock. Hold the sock against the stain for 1-2 min and see if that lightens is at all.

blakej said:
I am not exactly sure which part of the picture I should be looking at. Are you talking about the dark strip above the tile line (kinda looks like a shadow)?

Have you tried testing it for a metal stain? Crush up vitamin C tablets and put them in a sock. Hold the sock against the stain for 1-2 min and see if that lightens is at all.

Hi Blake, yes right above the tile line. I have some ph decreaser granulars I can try. If its a stain then we need acid. Client might be able to live with it for now. If it is metal stain then could only be coming from below the diamond brite. It's impossible to get the right Vit C on this island. I've tried before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.