New build in South Louisiana.

Sep 29, 2011
Started our pool build on Monday with the digging and Tuesday was rebar. So far we have made good progress. Today they should be doing the gunite. Pool will be 16'x 24', 3-1/2' in shallow x 6' in deep. Pool will have (1) 1hp Pentair whisperflo pump and motor, (1) 520 aq ft cartridge filter, (1) Pentair surface skimmer, (1) 500W pool light, (3) surface returns, (1) hydrostatic relief valve, (4) deck jets, & (2) bubblers. PB said 4 weeks in and out. Here are some pics from our build so far.

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture065.jpg

reesedj said:
I love the "courtyard" location of the pool in relation to the house. That's going to be an awesome outdoor area.

Yes, I love it myself. The house and pool should finish at the same time. Can't wait to move in and relax in my pool in the hot Louisiana weather.

solincia said:
Wow! Love the house, love the style, love the pool location!! I can't wait to see this finished. :) Congrats!

Here are some pics of the house:

Front porch:
Picture062.jpg

Back porch:
Picture049.jpg

My mancave:
Picture055.jpg

Kitchen:
Picture057.jpg

Living room:
Picture058.jpg

Hope you guys like it so far. I know Im ready to see the finish product.

That's beautiful! I love the wood on the ceiling and the beams! Your font door is just amazing! I'm in the process of trying to purchase a short-sale with an inground pool, it's also a brick ranch with an upstairs (so a steep roof line just like yours.) Same color brick and same color roof. Funny, maybe that's why I love it :) You're home is an inspiration!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They are plastering today, start filling pool up tonight. PB says we will be swimming by Weds for the 4th of July. Can't wait. But I sure coulda used the pool this weekend. We've been moving all weekend and I was wore out and kept looking towards the pool hoping that it would have water. I will post pic's tomorrow.

Well plaster is complete. PB started filling pool, says would should be able to swim tomorrow for the 4th. Here are a few pics that my wife sent me from her iphone, there not the best. But I will take some more pics of the finish product and post them.

Picture080.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.