Hi Folks! I'm hoping to find some pool buddies ...

Hi Folks! I'm hoping to find some pool buddies who like to help others as much as I do. Dad and I have had our pool for 30 years, now, and I thought I knew how to resolve pool issues until this year. Our pool had been closed for about 2-1/2 years and no chemical treatment while it was down. Dad and I have differing opinions about pool care, and it's difficult to convince him to think differently than he has over 30 years as a pool owner. He knows what has worked for him in past pool seasons, but I think this season, we are are dealing with a different animal, i.e. - a cow pond instead of a pool ! Simply put, I think I our green algae crop is smarter than I am, which lead me down a golden road to this extensive forum helping educate others in pool care. This site is a tremendously helpful collection of knowledge from experience. Thanks for the opportunity to participate! I hope to contribute ...

Dave

linen said:
Welcome to tfp, Sailinshuz :wave:

If you haven't already, take a look at this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/defeating_algae

Linen. Thanks for the direction on this specific topic. I listed everything I have done to the pool, thus far, this season, before I joined TFP. Often times, timing just isn't perfect. Better late than never, I suppose ! Soon, I will study up on the content in "Defeating Algae", since my current effort seems ineffective.

Welcome to the forums! :wave: I am fairly new here also but have learned TONS!!! in a week from pool school and these boards! My test kit will be arriving this evening and or early AM tomorrow. I have been using the Walmart test while waiting! and pool looks awesome pics to come very soon. I can attest to these methods and they work! Also the peeps here are very helpful and knowledgeable. So ask away and contribute as you can.

Articfox918 said:
Welcome to the forums! :wave: I am fairly new here also but have learned TONS!!! in a week from pool school and these boards! My test kit will be arriving this evening and or early AM tomorrow. I have been using the Walmart test while waiting! and pool looks awesome pics to come very soon. I can attest to these methods and they work! Also the peeps here are very helpful and knowledgeable. So ask away and contribute as you can.
Thanks for the warm welcome! These peeps do know their stuff !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sailinshuz said:
prjohnson said:
Welcome! I'm not too far south from you.
Good luck with the pool! I delt with a swamp a few years back also.
Thanks, prj ! I'm ready to swim instead of walk around the edge of the pool!

I hear ya buddy!

We just put a new liner in ours a couple months back & I jumped in the second it was filled!

How is yours coming along? Starting to cure your algae?

prjohnson said:
Sailinshuz said:
prjohnson said:
Welcome! I'm not too far south from you.
Good luck with the pool! I delt with a swamp a few years back also.
Thanks, prj ! I'm ready to swim instead of walk around the edge of the pool!

I hear ya buddy!

We just put a new liner in ours a couple months back & I jumped in the second it was filled!

How is yours coming along? Starting to cure your algae?

Getting close ! Will post before and after pics when it's ready ! Cheers my friend!