Pump Timer

May 23, 2011
I need to replace my timer on my pump and cant read anything off the old timer. My pump says Volts 230/115, and amps 8.0/16.0. I will be passing by lowes tom. so hopefully I can figure this out. What kind of timer do I need. Never was good with electrical.

jamull2852 said:
Never was good with electrical.

That makes giving advice a bit scary :shock:

First you have to figure out if the pump is wired for 115V or 230V (all we know now is that it could be either) ... post a pic of the wires in the timer maybe?

You will need to get the correct timer for your voltage setup.

BadOleRoss, that timer will only work if the pump is setup for 240 volts. We don't what voltage the pump is, so it may not work. There is a very similar model that works for 120 volt pumps, but the first step is to figure out the voltage.

Dont worry I wont be touching any wires, my brother is an electrican but is busy remodeling his bathroom. So im trying to get everything ready so he can just come put it on and be done with it. Im trying to get in touch with the previous pool owner to see if its 110 or 220. Ill be back when I hear from him. Thanks.

What are the wire colors running to the pump? Knowing just that we can be pretty sure which one it is ... assuming some crazy electrician didn't install the pump.

OR.

What type of breaker is the pump on? ... assuming the pump has a separate breaker.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.