Tested my fill water out of curiosity

Jul 15, 2011
Henderson, NV
After all the work I've been putting in trying to "master" :lol: this pool thing I thought I'd test my fill water and see what the numbers were.
Tested from the spigot where my Anti-Siphon is for the autofill

FC: .5
PH: >8.0
TA: 140
CH: 240

Do these numbers seem about right? Living in southern nevada and dealing with the desert I know to expect CH issues and have been dealing with them. How does everything else measure up?
Example of the fun CH battles.
When we first bought the house last June
249296_190360367682748_7749017_n.jpg

And after lots of elbow grease
461388_401691106549672_100001263587993_80731812_1639039410_o.jpg

Nice work on the tile ... what did you use?

Fill water seems better than some. Biggest issue is the high pH and slightly high TA which will likely result in having to add acid to the pool as it refills.

Yep, that's in line with my test results for good ol' Southern Nevada water, too, except for the pH. My test showed it was more or less neutral. I seem to recall the TA was a bit lower too, but not by much.

My current CH in the pool is around 1060. As long as I keep a close eye on the other levels, I can maintain an acceptable CSI.

On the tile I used the toilet bowl pumice stones. Just enough grit without being too strong so it didn't scratch and lot's of time and elbow grease. Took around 3 days with my wife and I both working on it. Then after the bulk was off I mixed a heavy duty spray bottle with about 15% MA 85% water and went over it again. Sprayed 4-6 tiles at a time and scrubbed with a pumice again, then rinse from the hose. Then wiped them all down with a cloth which cleared up the residual streaks when it dried.

When we moved in last June I tested the water and I think the PH was 7.8ish, definately higher now for some reason. I don't recall what the CH was then. The pool CH was at 1075 when I first started testing and I drained about 20% and refilled over the last two weeks which brought it down to 825. A little better at least. Pool was built in '06 and given the scale and CH readings I don't think the water had ever been changed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.