where do i acquire this liquidator

Apr 19, 2012
Where can i find the liquidator. I am not finding much on it when googling. In fact, only reference to it is this site. I have a. 18,000 gallon above ground as my personal pool. 200 lb sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. I also have a few inground pools of over 20,000 gallons i take care of i am considering something like the liquidator for. What is the price and what are the modifications that are required? Who sells them and why are there modifications. Seems like it should be pretty universal since most filtration systems are similar.

The unit relies on pressure in the filter for operation, and some installations have too little head. It's often the case with above ground pools that they need more water flow to operate.

Google HASA Liquidator or contact HASA for dealer information. HASA primarily sells in the SW US.

Just got The Liquidator today. Haven't installed it yet, so I can't tell you anything about that part, but I can tell you I got it from PST Pool Supplies based out of Escondido, CA. Price was comparable to anywhere else I've found it plus the shipping was free. (I live in VA so I was happy about that)

Note: I have an inground pool. I'm not sure if it's really made for above ground. See JohnT's comments above :)

Well it is an above ground pool, but my equipment is inground caliber. I am not sure how a 1.5 hp pump with 200 lb sand filter would not have the pressure any other pool would have. My pressure guage runs just under 15 psi. I have been out of the business for over a decade so perhaps i am missing something in regards to my system possibly lacking the pressure. ???

I put my 1.5 hp pump on my pool like 3 weeks ago, I have a cartridge filter and my lq has been working great. No issues at all.
I got it dialed in and it keeps my pool at 4.5 fc
one of the best investments I have made, I am very happy with mine, I got mine off eBay but most online pool stores I checked we're about the same $$
Just use google.com to search for it and you will find it

aguashui said:
Well it is an above ground pool, but my equipment is inground caliber. I am not sure how a 1.5 hp pump with 200 lb sand filter would not have the pressure any other pool would have. My pressure guage runs just under 15 psi. I have been out of the business for over a decade so perhaps i am missing something in regards to my system possibly lacking the pressure. ???

Inground pools have much longer plumbing runs, so there is more suction head and more head from the return plumbing that gives you a bigger pressure differential across the pump.

The biggest issue I've seen with the LQ on aboveground installations is that since most of the time the equipment is set right next to the pool with very short plumbing runs and the equipment is below the waterline, the suction head is very low. This is a very good thing for the plumbing, but a bad thing for the LQ. It requires enough suction head to pull the liquid out of the unit and on pools with very low suction head you have to artificially increase the suction head to get it to work correctly.

There have been a couple of threads where people have made devices to increase the suction head so the LQ would have enough flow to keep the system chlorinated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.