What has the wife done......

Jun 4, 2012
NW CT
My wife just bought a 21x43x54 agp with a hopper. I am the lucky one who gets to install this thing. We have never had a pool before. I am looking for someone who may have done a hopper install before that can point me in the right direction, and maybe have some pics, and advice! I hope!

Thanks

Looks like she bought you a MONSTER! :mrgreen: I have never put up an oval pool, let alone a hopper in an above ground pool. I do believe a few years ago there was a guy here who was going to take on this monumental task but I don't know if he ever completed it and I wouldn't even know where to begin to search for the thread with key words n such. I know he had some issues regarding the straps which are needed to keep the pool from blowing out and where the hopper was to begin.

Sit tight and maybe someone will be along to help you get through this. Don't faint yet. Welcome to TFP!

I don't think it will be to bad on the leveling part since only half of the pool is actually level and I have a nice laser level and tripod, its only time! My concern is the hopper and how to go about it. I guess maybe I will start looking at in ground pools to get some ideas. They seem to be a lot more common to have a deep end.

And lots of liquid on those hot days! Just get most of your leveling out of the way first! :mrgreen: :cheers:

Oh and we need lots of pics cuz you're gonna be our hero! I know why your wife bought such a big pool... it's so we can come over and check out your awesomeness when it's done! I do believe we could all fit in that pool! :mrgreen: :lol:

I would root through the installation guide and see how many straps you have and where the last one will be (how far from the wall) because the hopper should start after the last strap on either side of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
solincia said:
Wow... I've never heard of an above ground pool with a deep end! We are going to need LOTS and LOTS of pictures :whoot:

I hadn't until after purchasing my pool! :hammer:

I want!!

(I think a couple people on here have round pools with one half being the hopper "side.")

Edit - I know I've seen others, but this one is awesome!

We have a pool essentially that size, but no deep end. I LOVE having a pool that size. My kids practice for swim team at home. It's great for swimming laps. And be sure to put up the volleyball net and play some water volleyball!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.