Now where - First Test

UGO,

Welcome to the forum!

I am assuming when you posted "CA" you meant "CYA".......if so, you need more of it. calculate enough to bring your pool up to about 40-50ppm if you get a lot of sun. Post back if you need assistance calculating the amount you need.

You'll need some more chlorine in your pool. When your CYA gets up to 40 or so, you'll need to keep your FC not much lower than about 3-4 so a range of 4-7ppm would be my target.

Please post back if we haven't provided enough info.

Your TA is perfect. You might even want to drop it slightly lower to around 60 if you are finding that your pH rises too fast. Don't bring the pH down below about 7.5-7.6 when you do lower it and don't let it go about 7.8 and your pH should stay farily stable.
Calcium is not really needed in a vinyl pool with one qualifier. Soft water has more of a tendency to foam than hard water. If your CH is truely 20 ppm you might want to consider bumping it up a bit. Anything over 100-120 ppm is what I usually recommend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.