Aquabot Turbo drive motor

Jun 5, 2012
My Aquabot Turbo was fine when packed away for the winter. Now I had no power to the cleaner, so I had to cut approximately 1 foot off the cord and reconnect (wires were broken at the handle mount point). Here is the issue. Now I have power to the pump motor but nothing to the drive motor. All power for both motors connects to the post on the drive motor. I removed the drive motor and found it is very hard to turn. Is this normal? When connected to the power source, it does not even try to move. What do I do now? Drive motor # A4510T. Can this be repaired? Does anyone rebuild these motors?

I am not pleased with this unit at all, it is only 5 years old and this is the second issue with it. Are the Dolphin pool cleaners any better?

I can't answer your question about whether the drive motor should be hard to turn or not. But there are people out there who can repair the motors if they arent too far gone.

Ive had the T2 for about 5 years and Ive already had to replace both motors.

When the unit works it is the best. When it doesn't, it is an expensive POS!

I have the same feeling, my first Aquabot many years ago lasted over 10 years, all I ever did was 2 drive belts and shorten the cable one time because the wires broke where they mount to the handle. That one was great, this one stinks. Any idea who might be repairing the drive motors?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.