Nebraska
TC-8 Just shocked pool
CC-0
pH-7.5
TA-110
CH-750 to 800
Borates-50

Refill water CH is 450

Pool is extremely clear, I do notice a little white dust on bottom of pool when I sweep been dealing with a lot of dirt on floor of pool so I assumed it was just the dirt but it is sometimes slightly white. All the posts I've read said high CH is manageable. So where should I have my pH and TA? We have a water softener for the house could I use soft water for refill? Should I let the rain refill my pool and what, if any would the negative side effects be from using rain water refill? I have an autocover and pool is only uncovered when swimming or shocking so no rain water gets in.

Thanks

I suggest you start working on lowering your TA down to around 60 or 70.

Using softened water for topping off the pool would be a huge help. Also check your tap water CH level every month or two. Most people find that it is much lower at certain times of year, which is a good time to do water replacement.

Sorry forgot CYA. It is at 50. The only reason I shocked the pool was I pulled the light fixture out to see if the conduit was cracked, searching for a leak that's another topic, and all kinds of nasty stuff came out from behind the light so I dumped a gallon of bleach in by the light fixture. Trying to be one step ahead. Thought maybe the white stuff might be calcium precipitate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.