First Time Shocker

BCannon

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Bowling Green, KY
After shocking the pool and losing less than 1 ppm in an overnight period, how long does it typically take for the cloudiness to clear up? I have lost less than 1 ppm in an overnight, yet the water still is a bit cloudy and my CC is still at 2.0. Thank you, in advance, for your help.

With CC > 0.5 and cloudy water you have to continue the shock process even though you passed the OCLT once.

A sand filter is the least efficient to clear the cloudy water (although the easiest to clean). It can take several days to clear up, but you should notice progress. Adding a little DE to the filter toward the end of the process can help clear the water.

When buying DE, my local pool store is less expensive than HD or Lowes... it pays to know the local shops prices, as well as the big boxes. Leslie's always has the highest prices that I see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.