Scamper Ramp - question for Paul

AnnaK

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
On the PetSmart site for the Scamper Ramp it says under Product Features, "Not recommended for soft-sided-vinyl, above-ground, non-permanent structures."

I'm wondering if we could have your input as to the reasons why. Our AGP is surrounded by a wooden deck which is level with the coping. We would be able to fasten the ramp to the deck. Is there perhaps a concern that the ramp bumping into the side of the pool could damage the metal pool wall and/or the liner?

Does anyone here with an AGP use the Scamper Ramp?

Am I perhaps misunderstanding what they're saying with "soft-sided-vinyl, above ground, non-permanent . . ." Maybe they mean an Intex pool?

AnnaK

well i have never sold one but i have seen them at the pool and spa shows
i think they are a little i guess kind of light weight i know that my dog would never use it because it just moves to much. she loves to go up and down the step unit
but if some one else has used one i would love to know there experience with it
if the people say they like it i will get some and put them up on the site
thanks
paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I've ordered the new model for 2008, the SRK3 Super Skamper-Ramp which was designed for large dogs and vinyl lined pools. I'll report back when we've gained some experience with it.

AnnaK

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.