In need of help!

KatieW

Apr 30, 2012
I have a 24ft summer escapes pool we bought last year. This year I tried to convert it to saltwater. It turned green and I couldn't get it cleared up. I bought an intex saltwater filter that doesn't hook up exactly right to my pump but I thought I had it figured out. But it turns out my summer escapes pump isn't strong enough to pump the needed water through the intex filter (according to the intex rep I talked to on the phone) and summer escapes doesn't offer a more powerful pump for my pool (according to the summer escapes rep I talked to on the phone.) So I guess I'm going to have to go back to chlorine. My question in all of this rambling is how exactly do I do that? Throw some tablets in the floaters? There's got to be more to it than that right?!?

Yup. You need post up a full set of test levels (preferably from your own test kit ... one of the recommended ones in my signature) so we can figure out how to give you advice.

Having the salt in the pool will not change the way the pool is maintained with chlorine ... all the SWG was doing was converting the salt to chlorine so you did not have to add it yourself.

Start reading Pool School to learn about the pool's chemistry and learn the disadvantages of the pucks that you would put in the floater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.