FC burn rate?

We usually try to get it down to about 2 ppm FC loss per day. Somewhere close to that is normal. With a CYA of 45 and in Mi you should be close to that.

If you're losing more than that, I'd suggest you run an OCLT to rule out organics eating it.

Smooth, I'm in Michigan, and although this is my first season, I have recorded my FC each day: Generally lose between 1.5 and 2.5 per day when I'm running FC 4-6 range for 45 ppm CYA -- depending it seems, on swimmer load and sun...And whether or not one allows a guest with a dog, which will land you on the -2.5 ppm side ;)

Most days, even the hottest ones like that scorcher Sunday of memorial weekend, I'm not using/losing more than 2 ppm, which is 33% of the 6 ppm at which I 'ride.' But I've also added 50 ppm borates, which buffers/reduces my chlorine load, and more importantly, makes water super silky feeling to swim in!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.