Pool Toys

maxsrents

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
NJ
My kids told me that they would like to get their Dad a pool basketball net for Father's Day. So I started researching and cannot believe how many there are. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sturdy net that my 3 boys won't destroy during their first game??

I currently have this one but do not like it. The post rotates in the base once the ball hits the backboard.
Basketball Only

I have also used this one and can now say, I should have bought another one. It is a 2 game in 1 pack (basketball/ volleyball)
Basketball/ Volleyball combo

I have not seen any basketball sets for the pool made of anything other than plastic. The goal will take its abuse and is somewhat flexible. I do encourage the threat of death to your kids if they hang on the goal.... It will break... Been there done that.
Good Luck in your search. Hope that helps.

I bought one similar to what was shown in the links. You fill the base with water. I cannot tell you how many times the wind blew the darn thing in the water. The backboard is like a big sail when you have much of a windstorm. It wasn't easy to remove mine regularly to prevent that, so keep that in mind when you are shopping for one - how easy is it to manuever. The last time mine went in the pool it ripped the plastic where you insert the pole, so it went in the garbage.

We have an extra large, 4', inflatable ball. The kids just love to play with it. For some reason it seems to hold their attention more than the other toys, smaller balls, etc. Blowing it up was a major pain though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.