Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Toys

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Toys

My kids told me that they would like to get their Dad a pool basketball net for Father's Day. So I started researching and cannot believe how many there are. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sturdy net that my 3 boys won't destroy during their first game??
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

2. Back To Top    #2
    I currently have this one but do not like it. The post rotates in the base once the ball hits the backboard.
    Basketball Only

I have also used this one and can now say, I should have bought another one. It is a 2 game in 1 pack (basketball/ volleyball)
    Basketball/ Volleyball combo

I have not seen any basketball sets for the pool made of anything other than plastic. The goal will take its abuse and is somewhat flexible. I do encourage the threat of death to your kids if they hang on the goal.... It will break... Been there done that.
    Good Luck in your search. Hope that helps.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info.-I will look into the 2 in 1. I will also use the threat idea but I think my biggest kid (DH) knows better.
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

4. Back To Top    #4
    You know... Go figure. It (the threat) didn't work on me either. I, the biggest kid of all, broke ours.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

5. Back To Top    #5

I bought one similar to what was shown in the links. You fill the base with water. I cannot tell you how many times the wind blew the darn thing in the water. The backboard is like a big sail when you have much of a windstorm. It wasn't easy to remove mine regularly to prevent that, so keep that in mind when you are shopping for one - how easy is it to manuever. The last time mine went in the pool it ripped the plastic where you insert the pole, so it went in the garbage.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

6. Back To Top    #6
    We have an extra large, 4', inflatable ball. The kids just love to play with it. For some reason it seems to hold their attention more than the other toys, smaller balls, etc. Blowing it up was a major pain though.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School