compupool cpsc36 problem

lungs414

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2012
Eastern Long Island,New York
It was installed and all water chemistry is just about perfect. However all lights are on and it doesn't seem to generating chlorine. I had to convert it to 110v and that was not a problem. I saw a post from poolsupplyworld that when you convert to 110 sometimes the internal fuse has to switched. I called compupool but high call volume led to me having to hang up after 45 min.
If the fuse was bad would the control board still work, but not generate chlorine,or would the whole unit be non functional?
Thanks
Rich

I did power off completely from breaker and nothing. Increased the percentage from 50 to 60% running from 12 noon to 7 pm, and still hardly any chlorine is registering on the tests until I have him add bleach. I also checked the flow through the cell and it is good. No air reeally good flow.

Hello lungs,
My setup is for 115V, my pump is a 3/4 hp Sta-rite Dura-max, they run off an Intermatic 101 timer, both are wired to the timer and both come on at the same time. I'm running about 5-6 hours at 80% and maintaining FC at 3-4. My salt level is a little high at 4500 or so, but no indicators. My pool is 17K and 83 deg. I've got the CPSC48. The units use the same power supply. You may want to reset the salt table. I have normally run a slightly negative CSI, and have not yet had to clean my cell. When the unit is running, I do see lots of bubbles in the cell housing. The power supply/heat sink does get quite warm/hot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for reply. What is resetting the salt table ? Why and how do you do it? The salt level is 4300 according to the unit. It was on for about 7 hours at 50% and had .5 FC. Bumped to 60% and no change. It is wired exactly the same, and after about five minutes little to no air bubbles in the cell. On my pool I have a Jandy 1400 aquapure and it has a variable speed pump that runs at different speeds for about 18 hours per day and the percentage was just turned down to 25 % because the FC was consistently 8-9 @ 35%. Thats why I asked what your settings are maybe it needs to be 80%. I'll have them put that in and see what happens.
One more quick question on your unit when you see 80% do you see 8 bars under the percentage number, because on my dads at 60% it only shows 2 bars on his.

Thanks for the info

Rich

Hello Rich,
Yes, I get 8 bars. I'm wondering if you're unit is shutting down because of low water flow? I realize they don't have a flow switch on them, but they do sense flow. And wondering if the flow is below the minimum threshold. It's not listed in the manual so I don't know what it is. PM me your email address and I can send you the instructions for resetting the salt table.

I recently installed a CPSC 36 and am having the same problems as the OP. Quick question though - how do you determine the salt level measured by the unit?

I ordered the Taylor salt test yesterday from tft and will test my salt level as soon as it arrives.

I recently installed one. When the readout shows only one or two bars, you need a new LCD readout. The bars don't change no matter what it is set on. That is what happened to me. Customer service will send one out and it is a fairly easy install. They require that you send the old one back.

"All lights on" is not normal.

You can tell if its generating by looking for small bubbles coming off the outlet side of the cell plates (look through the clear cell housing). If you crank it up to 100% (and its actually producing at 100%), the Cl bubbles will be very obvious.

If the unit is stuck on 2 bars (20%), it may be more difficult to see the bubbles. Either way, I think your going to need to contact cs. Aside from your comment about their call volume, they were very helpful for me.

Don't mean to hijack, but I called compupool re: my apparently inoperative cell (same symptoms as OP) and they are sending me a new cell and control board. Hopefully it will be here next week sometime.

Finally had time to talk with compupool customer service. Very nice and new the problem before I finished describing it. They are shipping a new LCD screen just as Ndenunz wrote. I wonder if it is a common issue with these units. Does anyone know if this also inhibits the unit from producing chlorine?
Thanks
Rich

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.