CH and Fiberglass Slide

J20832

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2009
Olney, MD
It occurred to me as I was cleaning my slide the other day that while my CH level being low (50) won't effect my vinyl liner, it could be slowly damaging the fiberglass slide that I generally leave running 24/7.

Just turn off the slide, right? Well, I like to run the slide 24/7 so that it stays clean. With the chlorinated water running down, it doesn't develop the mildew (black freckles) stains it would otherwise. Sometimes I switch it from being a pool-system "return" to fresh water from the garden hose if I need to top off a little water, but generally it is fed from my pump.

Just being cautious as they are extremely pricey to replace or even re-coat. What do you think, should I bump up my CH to fiberglass pool recommended levels?

Thanks guys!

I am not sure if it has ever been determined that low CH truly damages fiberglass. I have seen it discussed on here but I thought maybe the jury was still out. Did I miss something definitive?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.